The Nigerian Communications Act 2003 Section 1(d-f) vested on the Nigerian Communications Commission (Commission) amongst others, powers to encourage local and foreign investments in the Nigerian communications industry, introduce innovative services and practices as well as the participation of Nigerians in the ownership, control and management of communications companies and development of communications manufacturing and supply sectors.
The Commission’s Nigeria Office for Developing the Indigenous Telecom Sector (NODITS) is responsible for the annual hosting of the Nigerian Telecommunications Indigenous Content Expo (NTICE), which launched with its maiden edition in August 2022 in Lagos.
The main objective of NTICE 2023 is to promote the four focus areas of the NPPIC which are Manufacturing, Service, People, Research and Development for innovation in line with the Presidential Mandate to diversify the economy. NTICE 2023 is a platform where practicable ideas and solutions can be birthed for the purpose of stimulating demand and supply of indigenous solutions, technologies, developing human resources, amongst others. In addition, it will support the development of new businesses and partnerships to benefit indigenous content in the telecoms value chain, while enabling networking with various industry professionals. It shall be an event where all categories of stakeholders shall converge to discuss ideas and solutions as well as showcase their indigenous products and services.
Following a record-breaking maiden edition last year, for the first time ever NTICE shall be a three-day event this year. It will take place at the Landmark Event Centre, Lagos, it will include events for Startups and investors, NTICE SELECT (this will give opportunities for startups& innovators to pitch their innovation for possible selection as winners to sponsorship to global events by the Commission) on 22nd August 2023, panel discussions on issues harnessing indigenous content for economic growth, platform for regulators, governments and innovators to co-create a sustainable path for economic development based on technology, amongst others. States Governments will also share success stories on their digital transformation agenda and achievements.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
- Unrivalled Learning Opportunities: Immerse yourself in industry-defining conferences, hands-on workshops.
- Speakers: Industry experts and leaders with international and national experience, visionaries, and inspiring minds on stage
- Conferences: 12 conference tracks ranging from Indigenous Innovations and Content, Manufacturing, Funding/Investment opportunities, Healthtech, Edtech, What you should know about AI, Telecom Energy Transition, Green/renewable Energy, Fibre Optics, Cybersecurity, Retail/ E-Commerce,, Web 3.0, NTICE SELECT – Sustainability (New), Fintech & BFSI, Blockchain, Marketing Platform
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse community of industry experts, government representatives, investors, peers, and potential prospects. Engage in meaningful conversations, forge strategic partnerships, and unlock new business opportunities, facilitating valuable connections with like-minded individuals.
- National Showcase of Innovation: Witness cutting-edge technologies. groundbreaking innovations and latest advancements in AI, Telecoms, Sustainability Tech, Urbanism, Mobility & Logistics, Web 3.0, Metaverse, Fintech, Cybersecurity, Blockchain and more.
- Investor Opportunities: Take advantage of the largest investor program in the world, with 1,000 global investors in attendance.
- Certificate of Participation Presentation: To be presented after the event.